Board Finish Plaster
If you’re looking for a skim finish plaster to use on low suction backgrounds such as plasterboard, our board finish plaster is the ideal option.
Our range includes top brand materials from manufactures like British Gypsum the UK’s leaders in interior lining systems. With over 100 years’ experience in creating and improving plaster and plasterboard products, you can rely on them for quality.
Offering a durable base that’s easy to apply, Thistle Board Finish plaster provides a smooth finish for a professional look and easy decorating. As well as this, the plaster also improves sound insulation and is pre-mixed to make your finishing job quick and easy.
How to Apply Board Finish Plaster
Getting that perfect skim finish or top coat of plaster can sometimes seem like a tricky task. Timing is crucial, which is why it is imperative to have quality tools and materials to ensure an effective delivery.
Finishing plaster is designed for that final coat so it’s also the most important part of the job.
It’s a good idea to practice a few times first rather than trying to become a master plasterer on attempt one, but here are a few things to bear in mind:
· Before you start, make sure all tools and the bucket you’re using are totally spotless. Any contamination can make plastering even more difficult.
· Make sure your plaster doesn’t dry out too quickly as this can result in cracks appearing. Ensure any heating is switched off before you begin and try to keep the room as cool as possible.
· Depending on the job, it is your choice whether you use one or two coats of finishing plaster. Less experienced plasterers are best starting with two coats.
· Try to do the first coat fairly quickly - again this is so the plaster doesn’t start to dry out too soon. Any imperfections can then be ironed out during your second coat.
· Ensure you have the right plastering trowel for your background.
Need help or advice on board finish plaster? Contact our specialist team today and we’ll point you in the right direction.